Quercus Technologies reveals the power of Big Data in the parking sector
Four centuries ago, the British philosopher and politician Francis Bacon argued that "knowledge is power". In these times we could reinforce and extend the quote to “all data is power". Big Data is transforming the world and how we understand it: they are information, numbers and cross data that lead us to a reality where all kinds of decisions and predictions can be made based on them.
All this information, analyzed and interpreted, can allow us to improve many aspects of daily life. Especially in the mobility sector, this big data allows infinite decisions to be made regarding the attitudes of drivers and users of, say, a parking garage.
Every priced parking management platform should provide valuable information on the status of the car park. In our case, BirdWatch does this in a clear, orderly and precise manner in real time. This platform allows, among many other possibilities, to do the following:
- Compiling data into reports for strategic decision-making on parking management and business maximization.
- Optimal short and long term planning with access to customer usage patterns and, therefore, finding out the days and hours with the most circulation.
- Discovering the more or less searched spots and comparing on up to an annual basis, being able to adjust fares, schedules and seats.
- Calculating and analyzing user's travel time in their goal to find a parking space on the premises.
- Obtaining usage statistics to understand users' habits and proposing campaigns to strengthen their loyalty.
How is all this possible? Well, it is no easy task. It is the result of research on products and technologies developed by Quercus Technologies. The communication between all the elements of camera-based guidance, access control, signage and software platform, among others, makes it possible to interrelate them and to obtain these data of interest to the car park owner and its operators.
ARTICLES THAT MAY INTEREST YOU...
The Quercus Technologies access control units for parking are now controlling the entries and exits of the HGO
Quercus Technologies' camera-based parking guidance system is chosen to guide users in the Liget Budapest Project parking facility
Quercus Technologies license plate recognition achieves 99.8% reliability with Dutch license plates